Monday, July 8, 2013

Happily 28

Nick's birthday was actually back in June, the same weekend of my sister's wedding so we pushed his birthday celebration back a week. We spent the weekend in Napa wine tasting and roasting in the heat. Northern CA has had one hell of a heat wave the last two weeks.






Saturday we went to a few wineries and then had dinner at a new restaurant in Yountville we hadn't tried yet that had delicious wood fire pizzas.

I made a key lime pie from scratch and Nick opened his presents. I got him an Xbox which I'm pretty sure makes me either the coolest wife ever, or the stupidest. I'm not sure which yet.





We spent all day Sunday baking ourselves next to the pool. It was so hot that eventually all of the dogs joined us {not by choice I might add}.

Here is Teddy watching the other three dogs in the pool from above. We haven't had a chance to get him to a lake yet this summer and we were trying to avoid putting him in the pool. I want him to love to swim and not be scared, and throwing a puppy in the pool isn't usually the best way to foster a love for water. But, it was way too hot and it had to happen.



Mr. Husband isn't the biggest fan of birthdays but I think this was a good one.

I love you sweet husband and I am so looking forward to spending the rest of our birthdays together!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012