Thursday, January 9, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, indeed! The first full work week after the holidays is always the hardest. My schedule between mid December and New Years went a little like this.. work a day here.. take a few days off... work a half day.. enjoy the weekend... work one or two days.. take a few days off. Amazing. That is my idea of a good time. 

I'm linking up with April, Christina, & Co  today for my favorite post of all, on my favorite day of all!

::One::
I do love getting back to our normal routine. It feels good to get reorganized and check some long pending items off of my To Do list. Also, I got my new planner and that just makes me happy. I have confessed before that I am a calendarholic. It's almost absurd how many calendars I use. I use iCal on my phone, a planner, an Outlook calendar in my work email, a desk calendar, and a white board calendar on our fridge. I don't know why I feel like all of these are necessary but I do. Yes, I keep all of the same dates, appointments, meal plants, meetings, etc. on all of the calendars.

::Two::
My sweet mama got me a pretty pink Fitbit for my birthday and I am loving it! I got the Zip that just clips right onto my bra, or pants, or whatever, and I have completely forgotten that I even have it on. I've been logging my meals, calories, and water intake and checking my phone like a fiend for updates on how many steps I've taken so far. I almost met the 10,000 steps per day goal on Wednesday without even getting a workout in!

::Three::
We finally got a new fridge! If you would have told my college self how exciting new appliances are I would have laughed at you. I guess this means we are real grown ups now. We got a pretty new Kenmore this week and I am seriously in love. We are retiring our old fridge, formerly Nick's parents old fridge, to his sister. Adios old rusty!  This is the first step for our kitchen renovation that we have in the works. Up next, we are replacing our old blue counters with pretty new granite, refinishing our cabinets and putting in new wood floors throughout the house.

::Four::
It's almost my birthday! I love Christmas & Thanksgiving, but my birthday is definitely my favorite holiday of all. And yes, I do consider it a holiday. Nick asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him, a real birthday party! A party with cupcakes and pretty pink drinks and streamers and birthday hats and fun napkins. I am super excited to spend my favorite day with all of my favorite friends.

::Five:: 
Back to my calendars. Nick and I have been talking about being intentional with our calendar this year. It seems like almost every month last year we were booked solid every weekend. This left no time for spontaneous dates or for stuff with friends that wasn't planned ahead of time.With all of the projects we have coming up I am really looking forward to spending so much time at home.

Happy HAPPY Friday! 


5 comments:

  1. Our schedule has been the exact same. Tonight will be the 3rd night we have actually spent the night in our house since December 20. I am really looking forward to getting organized again. Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how much I love your "about me" section under your pic?! FABULOUS Happy almost birthday and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your list! your blog is super cute! can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you blog on the link up!! I love having free weekends where you can do whatever you want.. Happy early Birthday
    http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how much easier you can exhale once back into the daily grind! :)

    Hope you're having a great week!

    xo
    Megan
    Hello Newlywed Life Blog

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012