Thursday, February 6, 2014

Grading my 2014 Goals

I wrote this post at the beginning of January and completely forgot to post it. Now that we are a month into the new year let's see where I stand with the goals I set for myself when I was feeling inspired and ambitious.
 
I've never been one for new years resolutions. I've always avoided the gym for the first couple months of the year. I refuse to be lumped into the mass of people that only work out because of their new year resolution and just end up taking up machines at the gym so they can slowly walk and watch tv at the same time. Major pet peeve.
 
- Try to cut out processed meats. Specifically deli meats. My plan is to start cooking a whole chicken once every week or two to cut up/shred for lunch meat on salads and sandwiches. This is going to take some extra planning and preparation on my part but I think we will be both be better off for it. Adios sodium. This is actually happening.. or has happened at least two times so far this last month. So far I am a big fan of having fresh chicken in my fridge to snack on and for salads and pitas at lunch. Nick takes a big Tupperware full with him to work to put on his sandwiches. So far, so good.
 
- Start working out together at least a couple times a week. I love the idea of doing regular work outs with my hubs. It's hard not to fall into a routine of eating dinner and then sitting on the couch to watch a few shows. But, I want to at least do this a few days a week. Once it warms up again I also want to start playing tennis at least once a week at the tennis courts in our community. This has happened once twice. I made him to a Jillian Michaels video with me and it absolutely kicked both our butts. We like different work out music so I'm not sure if this is going to turn into a habit. I am listening to my girl B Spears Work Bitch on repeat, and he prefers 80's throw backs that just don't pump be up. Sorry husband.

- Find our permanent church and attend services on some kind of regular basis. We always go on Easter & Christmas no matter what but right now I feel like that's just not enough. I want to invest myself into my church home and really start building a relationship with a church family. We have a couple that we want to try out before we make the move from the church that Nick grew up in. I'm excited about this one! Also, a check mark on my 30 by 30. So far no movement on this one but we did talk about it the other night. I'm going to put a date on the calendar just to make sure we make it once before Easter. One step closer...

Okay so maybe I haven't been doing all that well but nothing has completely fallen off yet so I don't feel that bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012