Wednesday, June 18, 2014

And Baby Makes Three!



We have a fun little announcement today! Yep, that's right...I'm cookin' a little baby M!

Here's a little story about the day we found out...

Sunday May 4th I laid in bed and listened to my husband and the dogs sleeping. Nick was curled around me and I stared up at the ceiling. I kept feeling like something was different today, we were on the verge of something big. I couldn't shake the feeling that I might be pregnant. Of course the chances were there since we had completed our first cycle of Clomid and got a positive ovulation test. My doctor did warn us early on though not to count on it working the first time. She said the chances of a pregnancy were slim. I was just so happy to see that the Clomid had done it's job that I wasn't really counting on anything else.

As I lay there I put my hands over my stomach and prayed and prayed that God would give us a baby. The same prayer I have been praying for months. For over a year.
 
 
Nick woke up and went off to the kitchen to make a French Press pot of coffee and I decided I was going to take a test. I didn't tell him and I shut myself in the bathroom. I set the test of the counter and didn’t take my eyes off of it. Slowly, that second, pretty pink line started to form. My heart started racing and my eyes filled with tears. I stared up at myself in the mirror in total disbelief and then back down at the test. I realized I was completely unprepared… and somehow, now, I needed to go tell Nick. I had always  planned on doing some kind of cute thing to tell him. So much for that! I tried to pull myself together and walked out to the kitchen. He looked up as a I came in and I think he knew right away. I set the test on the counter and cried and cried.
 

We spent the morning staring at each other from across the counter in total shock and laughing, and I cried some more. We talked about the due date and I let a couple holy sh**s! slip. The entire day felt so surreal and I was so happy that it was a Sunday and we were able to spend the whole day together.

The line on the first test was pretty faint and I took maybe four more tests throughout the rest of that day. I ran to the store to get a digital test and jumped around like a crazy person to see Pregnant flash on that beautiful little screen. There's just something about seeing it in writing that still makes me feel a little giddy.

Since we live a few hours from my parents and a state away from my sister we weren't able to share the news with them in person. I FaceTimed my mom and sister on Monday morning before I got out of bed to share the good news and then told my dad over the phone on Tuesday.

We had Nick's parents and sister over for Cinco de Mayo dinner to tell them. Nick's mom is a walking Pinterest board and she has helped us so much with choosing paint colors over the years and giving us decorating and home improvement advice. I picked up some pink and blue paint chips and hid them in a drawer in the kitchen. When everyone was sitting around the kitchen island I asked her if she could help us with some paint colors. I pulled the chips out and set them in front of her and asked what she thought about those. Everyone started screaming and laughing, hugging, and crying. It was such a fun way to tell them!

Everyone is so excited. Our families {especially our moms and sisters} have been so involved in this process and anxious for us to finally get to this point.

We are so excited and cannot wait to meet this sweet baby that we have all been waiting so patiently for!

4 comments:

  1. wahooo! Congrats Camille! Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much love! Hoping and praying for the same for you soon!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Such a wonderful moment for you and your family. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. Thank you so much! So far, so good :)

      Delete

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012