Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Oregon Trip

Back in July Nick and I took a trip up to Oregon to celebrate our sweet friend's wedding. The timing ended up working out perfectly and my little niece was born just a few days before the wedding. Since my sister and her husband live in Oregon only a few hours away from where we were already going, we decided that I would stay, keep the rental car and drive up to stay the week with them and Nick would fly back home for work.


We both had the day off on Friday so we caught an early flight into Portland and made the quick drive into Hood River. Driving up there was such a nice break from being in the Bay Area. All the highways up there are two lane and the scenery is just amazing. We made a quick stop at Multnomah Falls, snapped a few pictures and got some ice cream for the road.


When we got to Hood River we went straight to a winery that Nick had found and wanted to taste at. Some friends met us there and we had such a nice relaxing afternoon with them visiting and catching up. Can I just say... wine tasting has become slightly less fun for me since no tasting is involved. But, sitting on a nice patio in the sun with good friends is always enjoyable. Even with a water bottle in hand.

After wine tasting {and water sipping} we went to check into our hotel. Our whole group of friends was staying at the same place and it was gorgeous. Our suite had a patio that opened up right onto the Columbia River and it was just so beautiful.

We all met for dinner Friday night at a local brewery and pizza place and then went out for drinks {also not as much fun anymore}. Saturday we had breakfast on our patio, just the two of us and then spent the rest of the day at the pool.


The wedding was held at a vineyard across the Columbia in Washington and it was seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. There was an amazing view of Mt. Hood and I can't get over how much I loved that place. The venue was beautiful and so peaceful. The bride is a wedding planner professionally and she really outdid herself with this one.

 

 
Sunday Nick had to drive back to Portland with some friends to catch his flight and I took off toward Joseph by myself. A few hours in the car with snacks and a good audio book made for a really nice day, although I was so sad to say goodbye to Nick. We had never spent that much time away from each other since we were first dating and an entire week was hard.


I spent the rest of the week snuggling with Nayeli and adventuring to the grocery store and out for ice cream with my mom. I really had never spent any time with a newborn and spending that week with my brand new niece was so precious. Watching my sister become a mom has been so special and she just seems so at peace that it really made me feel better knowing what's to come for us this winter.







Needless to say, after spending that week in Oregon I definitely wish we could move up there. Life just seems so much more peaceful. It's so beautiful and we joked the entire time that we were just going to sell everything and move up there and open a coffee shop or Bed and Breakfast. Either one sounds good to me!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! We were there last fall! Loved Multnomah Falls!!!! It was gorgeous - that day we hiked like 13 miles - we were exhausted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so pretty? We just loved it up there so much. I wish we had had more time to do that hike. :)

      Delete

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012