Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bump Date | 21 Weeks

Phew! This has been one crazy time for our family. My sweet mama has been dealing with some health issues that finally came to a head and I spent a week in Mt. Shasta helping her at her house at the beginning of August. I finally packed her up and brought her back to the Bay Area with me to see a competent doctor and she was in the hospital for a week. She's home with us now and getting better every day. Thank God! A little side note... she was in the hospital where I will be delivering little baby M and it is nice to have some first hand experience with the hospital staff. We already know we will be in great hands :)


We're not quite ready to share our name yet. That's why the box is blacked out at the bottom of the chalkboard. Soon hopefully!


How Far Along? Twenty One! Holy jeez. Officially more than half way!

Size of Baby: A cantaloupe. Baby boy weighed 12 ounces at our last appointment and is measuring six and a half inches long.

Gender: BOY! Our sweet son. I am so thrilled I can't even talk about it.
 
Weight Gain: 2 pounds. Slowly but surely...

Stretch Marks:  Nope! My belly button has stretched waaay out though and starting to get really flat. It's starting to look a little funny.
 
Maternity Clothes: With fall right around the corner my maxi dress wearing days are limited. I bought a couple cute maternity shirts at Target the other day and still need to find a good dress to wear to a wedding this weekend. I also  need some good jeans asap.

Nursery: Major nursery movement this weekend! Recarpeting in all of the bedrooms is scheduled and we painted the nursery this weekend! I am in. love.

Purchases: I bought a baby book last week that I'm in love with. I'm pretty excited to start filling it out with all of our fun moments so far.

Movement: Definitely starting to feel some soft bumps and jabs. I've been feeling him move especially on my left side and the sonographer confirmed that he's pretty comfortably planted right in that same spot!

Symptoms: Lightning crotch? Yep, that's a real thing. A few pretty strong Braxton Hicks contractions especially right after my midnight bathroom shuffles. Also, low back pain and cramping in the night that makes it difficult to take a full deep breath. This wears off once I get out of bed but it's pretty annoying.

Sleep: Pretty good actually! I've been sleeping so soundly the last few nights.

Cravings: Still loving chocolate milk... and not the premade kind. I will only drink organic milk with Hersey's syrup. Also all kinds of sweets. I actually pulled over at a gas station to get a Twix on the way home from work the other day. Who does that?!

Food Aversions & Morning Sickness:  Eh... certain meats are still not so good and salad still hasn't sounded good.
What I Miss: Nothing!
Best Moment of This Week: Finding out that we will be having a SON! I am so unbelievably excited. I cannot wait to meet this boy and learn him and grow with him. I hope he is just like his daddy. Also finally deciding on a paint color for the nursery and getting it all painted and done!
Looking Forward To: Finally getting started on the nursery. It's going to be the best room in the house.

Workout: I've been walking with the dogs almost every day.

4 comments:

  1. Lol at pulling over for the Twix!! I bought a single pair of Citizen maternity jeans and they were my only pair for the whole pregnancy! Splurging on a nice pair seemed to work for me versus purchasing a few less expensive pairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea with the jeans. I'm trying to talk myself into doing that same thing. I know I'll waste the same amount on jeans that I don't love. I'm just having a battle with myself about the price tag. Totally worth it though, I know... :)

      Delete

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012