Friday, September 26, 2014

Bump Date | 25 Weeks | Baby Has a Name!


So there it is! Our sweet boy will be named Grayson Brooks. We are so in love with his name :)

How Far Along? 25! {15 weeks to go! That is just nuts.}


Size of Baby: a whole foot long and weighing in at over a pound and a half!


Gender: Boy, boy boy!


Weight Gain: 6 pounds total. Finally getting somewhere!


Stretch Marks: No, thank goodness. But my belly is starting to get a little itchy if I forget to lotion up when I get out of the shower. I'm trying to make sure I never let that happen.


Maternity Clothes: Yep! Slowly but surely I'm getting a pretty good collection going. Still in search of the perfect work pants and jeans.


Nursery: Getting better every day! We completely finished painting, Nick installed the new light fixture {which promptly blew up. Not a user error, just a crappy fixture so we will have to try again with that one}, child safe outlets, and dimmer switch. Next up,  new carpets and baseboards, the project is scheduled and I'm totally dreading it but I can't wait for it to be done.


Purchases: Yeaaa... I may have gone a little crazy with the monogrammed layettes on Etsy this week.


Movement: Yes, and absolutely loving every minute of it. I felt him get the hiccups the other night for the first time which was such a funny feeling. I could see every little hiccup move my whole belly. So precious. Lots of direct kicks to my ever shrinking bladder.


Symptoms: Acid reflux and heart burn. There's no way to avoid it. It's not even caused by certain foods. Basically if I eat anything or drink water, I'm paying for it.  I've been drinking so much milk with every meal. Like 3 glasses with dinner. It's the worst when I get in bed. Tums are pretty much the only thing that keeps the reflux under control. I'm thankful for the delicious berry flavors.


Sleep: So all over the place. Some nights are great. Others are terrible. Mostly terrible.


Cravings: All things dessert. Smoothies, vanilla yogurt, cheese cake.


Food Aversions & Morning Sickness: Still avoiding most meats but trying to make up for the loss of proteins with lots of nuts and trail mix and things like that.


What I Miss: Nothing, I love this so much.


Best Moment of This Week: A few family members were able to feel him move at a family birthday party last week. That was pretty special. Starting to feel him moving more consistently throughout the day, and definitely those awesome hiccups. Listening to his heart beat at our last doctors appointment and scheduling all of my doctors appointments from here on out. That definitely made this all feel so real. Our little anniversary weekend was so special. It's crazy to think this is the last one we will have without a little one!


Looking Forward To: More nursery progress! Even with the room completely empty I love going in there a few times a day. I've been imagining how it's going to look when everything is done and I am just so excited.


Workout: I was able to get in a few yoga videos and walks with the dog.

2 comments:

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012